The Lake Effect Research Challenge was created by:
James T. Nichols, Emily Hart, Karen Shockey, and Shannon Pritting. If you have questions about the Challenge, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Lake Effect Research Challenge was the July 2009 PRIMO Site of the Month.
Welcome to the Lake Effect Research Challenge
How to get started:
The Challenge can be used in 2 ways, pick the best option for you.
Option 1 - To Get Help With my Research
Look at the different sections on the left. Choose which one you want to learn about.
Option 2 - For a Class
If you're doing this Challenge for a class:
- Start with Section 1 “Picking and Exploring a Topic.”
- Be sure to complete all 6 sections.
- Get a head start by using a research topic from one of your classes.
- There are worksheets for Sections 1 through 5; If you are completing the entire Challenge, make sure to complete all five.
The Lake Effect Research Challenge will help you to:
- Become an efficient and effective researcher
- Create and refine a thesis statement
- Find a variety of reliable sources for research
- Better use libraries and the Internet for research and learning
- Participate in the research of your major and career
Throughout the Challenge, you'll see Boxes Labeled "Enrichment." The Enrichment content will help you learn more about how to get a good grade.