Tutorials & Explanations
- Plan Your Research: Use the Assignment Calculator from SUNY Empire to set a realistic schedule to complete your assignments. Create an account to receive email alerts to keep you on schedule.
- Search for Books, Articles, CDs, DVDs: Penfield owns and provides access to thousands of items.
- Identify Scholarly Sources: Not every source provides quality, well-researched information. This tutorial provides clear criteria to help you identify scholarly information sources.
- Cite Your Sources: Citations are an essential part of your academic work. You have a responsibility to credit the sources of your information. The citation style professors will ask you to use will depend on the discipline or major. Librarians have created a variety of quick guides that include citation examples for the most common types of sources you might use in your assignments.
- Additional library tutorials: https://libraryguides.oswego.edu/howto