College and Local Newspapers
The current three months of The Oswegonian is available on the 2nd floor, Journal Collection. Physical copies starting in 1936 can be accessed through the Archives & Special Collections department located in Room 8 of Penfield Library.
Digitized editions of The Oswegonian covering June 1935 through April 2010 is available online through the New York Historic Newspapers website at http://nyshistoricnewspapers.org/lccn/np00010011/.
Local newspapers are available on microfilm on the 2nd floor, Periodicals.
Digitized editions of historical Oswego County newspapers can be access through the New York Historic Newspapers website https://nyshistoricnewspapers.org/titles/places/new_york/oswego/.
Some local newspaper titles of note include:
- The Daily Palladium (1890-1908)
- The Fulton Patriot (1892-current)
- Mexico Independent (1874-1972)
- The Oswego Daily Palladium (1851-1887 and 1889-1890)
- The Oswego Palladium (1887-1889, 1908-1925)
The Archives & Special Collections department maintains a collection of student yearbooks from the Oswego Normal School and SUNY Oswego. The call number is Reference LB 1921 O72. They include:
- Oshwakee (1919)
- Class Book (1921)
- The Normalian (1922-1926)
- The Ontarian (1927-1971, 1973-2001 and 2005)
The Normalian (1922-1926) and The Ontarian (1927-2005) are available online through New York Heritage Digital Collections at https://nyheritage.org/collections/ontarian-yearbooks.
The Vocationist was produced by the Industrial Arts Department from 1912 to 1939. The Vocationist was described as, "A practical magazine devoted to education, particularly mechanic arts, agriculture, and home-making." and contains information of historical and institutional value from the 1910s and 1920s at the Oswego Normal School. Digitized issues of The Vocationist are located in HathiTrust, which are searchable.
- 1-4 (1912-1916) https://hdl.handle.net/2027/coo.31924070946664
- 5-7 (1916) https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uiug.30112032660521
- 8-10 (1919) https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uiug.30112032660513
- 11-14 (1922) https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uiug.30112032660505
Past issues of college catalogs, bulletins and directories are located in Special Collections. For more information regarding college publications please inquire via Special Collections email - email@example.com
Or utilize the inquiry form - https://www.oswego.edu/library/contact-special-collections