Identify a Problem or Issue
In addition to your textbook and class discussions, local country newspapers may inspire a research topic.
- Global newspapers from the Internet Public Library: http://www.ipl.org/div/news
Use the World Bank website to find research, data, news, and blogs. You can search by topic or country. You can also use country data to identify a potential issue or problem.
- Search for energy as a topic. http://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/energy
- Search by country. http://www.worldbank.org/en/where-we-work
- Search country energy data. https://data.worldbank.org/topic/energy-and-mining
- Select an indicator of energy use or production that is an interest to you.
- Add a country location to view data for that energy indicator. You can also compare to world energy data or data from another country.