Penfield Video Tour
The Site Index: Your New Favorite Resource
The Site Index for the library website will be a helpful resource for many questions you receive at the Research Help Desk. It contains links to policies, services, and forms. When in doubt, start there: https://ww1.oswego.edu/library/site-index
You can also access it through the Library website homepage, in the bar along the top:
To use it, either browse the list or simply type in a keyword in the search box for what you're looking for and hit enter (or click on the magnifying glass next to the box). Voila! A list of options will appear for you to choose from. It also doesn't hurt if you're at least a little familiar with the scope and variety of webpages on the library site, so take a few minutes to scroll through the complete list on that main site index page.
Please get comfortable using the Site Index. It will serve you well and make your job easier. Really!
- Borrowing Services at PenfieldInformation on logging into individual library accounts, paying fines, and general borrowing policies
- Holds & RecallsInformation on placing holds and item recalls
- Equipment for CheckoutComplete list of equipment available for checkout
- Printing PoliciesInformation on CTS printing guidelines
- List of Penfield Subject LibrariansFind out which librarians work with particular subjects or departments
- Subject Guides & ResourcesFull list of Penfield's Subject Guides that include subject librarians
Maps of Penfield
Floor maps of Penfield Library can be found here. Please familiarize yourself with these maps and get to know the library's spaces.
- Course ReservesStudents may come to the desk asking for information on course reserves for their classes.
Penfield's Study & Work Spaces
There are many rooms available in Penfield Library for both individual and group study. Conference rooms, group study rooms, and day- and semester-long individual study carrels are all available for student, faculty, and staff use. There are also spaces for multimedia creation.
A complete list of all of Penfield's study and work spaces is linked from the library's home page. This is where you can reserve rooms.