United States Statistics
During the transition of the current administration, some resources may be temporarily unavailable or outdated.
- American National Election StudiesThe ANES Guide to Public Opinion and Electoral Behavior
- Brookings InstitutionConducts in-depth research that leads to new ideas for solving problems facing society at the local, national and global level.
- Data.govFind federal, state, and local data, tools, and resources to conduct research, build apps, design data visualizations, and more.
- Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology (FCSM)Provides the public with information, tools, and news related to official federal statistics.
- Gallup PollOffers attitudes and behaviors of employees, customers, students and citizens for "everything important facing humankind."
- Pew Research CenterInforms the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world. It conducts public opinion polling, demographic research, media content analysis and other empirical social science research.
- RAND CorporationConducts and publishes research on social and economic policy issues.
- Statistical Abstract of the U.S. (1879-2013)Paper copies available in Penfield's reference room. See Ref HA202 2001-2012. Older copies in storage.
- U.S. Census BureauThe Census Bureau's mission is to provide data about the nation's people and economy.
- USA.gov StatisticsFind data about the U.S., such as maps and population, demographic, and economic data.
- International Statistical Agencies (U.S. Census Bureau)Links to country statistical agencies.
- Population Reference BureauThe Population Reference Bureau provides information about population, health, and the environment by region or topic.
- World Bank Open DataFree and open access to global development data.
- World Data AtlasWorld and regional statistics, national data, maps, rankings.
- World Economic and Social Survey (WESS)Provides objective analysis of pressing long-term social and economic development issues, and discusses the positive and negative impact of corresponding policies.