What are Open Educational Resources?
Open Educational Resources (OER) are teaching, learning, and research materials that are in the public domain or have been released under a copyright license that permits anyone to freely use them. OERs often also allow users to reuse, repurpose, adapt, and redistribute them. These resources will continue to be freely available to you after you graduate.
Open textbooks are helpful both for learning concepts for the first time and for reviewing and revisiting material you've previously learned.
- BC Open TextbooksDirect link to Business textbooks available via BC Open Textbooks.
- IntechOpenDirect link to Business, Management and Economics textbooks available via IntechOpen.
- OAPENDirect link to Business and Management textbooks available via OAPEN.
- OER CommonsDirect link to Business and Communications textbooks available via OER Commons.
- OpenStaxDirect link to Business textbooks available via OpenStax.
- Open Textbook LibraryDirect link to Business textbooks available via the Open Textbook Library.
- Directory of Open Access JournalsDirect link to business journals listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals.
- MERLOTDirect link to business journal articles available via MERLOT.
- SpringerOpenDirect link to Business and Management journals available via SpringerOpen.
Additional Open Resources
- The Ethical Leadership Case Study CollectionMost of the case studies on this site are openly licensed. Where applicable, the Creative Commons license can be found in the footers of the documents (you will need to scroll to the third page on the long-form case studies to view the footers).
- Teaching Resources Library (MIT Sloan School of Management)Includes case studies and management simulations.