Steps in the Digital Story Process
1. Write your script. Do not "freestyle" your video.
2. Record your voice over/get your raw material.
a. Microphones are at the Check Out Desk
b. iPod Touches are at the 2nd Floor Desk
c. There is a microphone in the Multimedia Production Room
d. Smartphones are excellent
3. Edit your voice over into a soundtrack using Audacity.
a. Music and sound effects are a nice touch
b. Remember to export from Audacity as an .MP3 or .WAV
4. Gather Photo & Videos
a. Edit photos using picmonkey.com
5. Add all media (photos, video, soundtrack) to Windows Live Movie Maker or iMovie
6. Put the movie together.
7. File --> Save Movie (in Movie Maker) or File --> Share --> File (in iMovie)
8. Send file to your professor.
Lynda Campus Videos
Search for a software tutorial that would would like to learn more about.