Login Username and Password
To access library resources, CAPA affiliates will need to use the username and password sent to them from CAPA. The username takes the form of an email address. For students and faculty, this will be the email address you have on record with CAPA.
To begin your research using the Penfield Library subscription resources, first login on the below page:
After logging in, return to this CAPA research guide to access the selected database resources that are available for CAPA students.
Health Related Databases
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text This link opens in a new windowCumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature. Provides indexing for more than 3000 journals in nursing, biomedicine, alternative medicine, consumer health. Has full text articles for 560 journals.
Covers: 1937 - present
- Health Management Database This link opens in a new windowFull-text information from leading publications covering all aspects of health administration, including public health and safety, hospitals, finance, personnel management, insurance, population studies, labor relations and law.
- Health Source: Consumer Edition This link opens in a new windowFull-text database of more than 80 titles from consumer health magazines. Also includes current health-related pamphlets and 110 full-text health reference books.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition This link opens in a new windowFull-text database that provides access to scholarly journals focusing on medical disciplines, including pediatric nursing, critical care, mental health, nursing management, and medical law.
- PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowJournal articles (covers more than 1,700 periodicals), chapters, books, dissertations and reports on psychology and related fields.
Covers: 1887 - present
- PsycARTICLES This link opens in a new windowFull-text for 59 core scholarly and scientific journals. Covers topics of general psychology and specialized, applied, clinical and theoretical research.
Covers: 1894 - present
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowThis interdisciplinary scholarly collection offers information in nearly every area of academic study, including: sciences, social sciences, arts & literature, ethnic studies, and many more. Full-text for over 6,100 titles (5,100 peer-reviewed); indexing and abstracting for 10,600 titles; complete historical coverage and citation searching for select titles.
Covers: Varies by journal title (many 1975 - present)
- JSTOR This link opens in a new window
Arts & Sciences I, Arts & Sciences II, Arts & Sciences VII, Language & Literature, and Life Sciences Collections. An archive of important scholarly journal literature and ebooks. In most cases, full text of the journal is available from the first issue to date.
- MasterFILE Premier This link opens in a new windowFull text for nearly 1,950 general periodicals covering a broad range of disciplines. Also includes book reviews, images, primary source docs, and much more. More general/popular in nature than Academic Search Premier.
- Omnifile Full-Text Select (H.W. Wilson) This link opens in a new windowA full-text database of almost 2000 periodical publications, including coverage of the sciences, humanities, education & other social sciences, business and information science.
- Research Library This link opens in a new windowSearch over 2,700 periodicals for information on a broad range of general reference subjects including arts, business, humanities, social sciences, and the sciences.