New to Scholarly and Scientific Articles?
Scholarly and scientific articles can seem overwhelming at first, but don't be discouraged by their complexity! You're up to the challenge. It can often be helpful to skim the article first to get a feel for what's being discussed before reading the most relevant sections more closely. The following resources have more tips about strategic reading:
Find Journal Articles
About Journal Articles:
These articles are basically the main sources for scholarly research - they're used in every discipline.
- Written and reviewed by scholars and provide new research, analysis, or information about a specific topic.
- "Review" means the article is approved by other experts in that field before publication
- Usually focused on a narrow subject or a single case study
- Intended for an academic audience
- Sometimes called "Scholarly Articles," "Peer-Reviewed Articles," or "Academic Articles."