Annotated references to journal articles on the history of areas outside of the United States and Canada. Subject coverage extends from the year 1450 to the present. Indexes over 2,000 scholarly historical journals.
- Historical Abstracts This link opens in a new window
Find Journal Articles - Multidisciplinary Databases
- Humanities Source This link opens in a new windowSearch for articles, interviews, obituaries, book reviews, and original works of fiction, drama, and poetry. Also included are reviews of ballets, dance, motion pictures, musicals, radio and television programs, plays, operas, and more.
Covers: 1928-1941 (citations only); 1942 - present (citations & full text)
- America: History & Life This link opens in a new windowCitations to journal articles and reviews of books on the history of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present. Indexes over 2,000 scholarly historical journals.
Covers: 1964 - present
- JSTOR This link opens in a new window
Arts & Sciences I, Arts & Sciences II, Arts & Sciences VII, Language & Literature, and Life Sciences Collections. An archive of important scholarly journal literature and ebooks. In most cases, full text of the journal is available from the first issue to date.
- Google Scholar This link opens in a new windowUse this search engine to find scholarly works, including many online journals. You can set your preferences to link to Penfield's many databases in this way: 1) choose settings from menu in upper left corner; 2) click library links in the left navigation bar and type 'SUNY Oswego' in box; 3) select the link provided; 4) click 'save.'
Find Journal Articles - Specialized Databases
- Handbook of Latin American Studies This link opens in a new windowA selective annotated bibliography of scholarly works on Latin America.
Find Primary Sources in Newspapers and Magazines
- New York Times Article Archives, 1851-presentOnline index. To get full-text from Penfield, check the link Find a Specific Journal. SUNY Oswego students, faculty, and staff may request free copy service for those articles available only in microfilm.
- Primary Sources in Newspapers and MagazinesComplete list of indexes and databases that include historical newspapers and magazines.