How do I find article links?
First, you'll need to find the article! (If you need help with that, let us know.)
Next, you need to find the "permalink." Database vendors use different names for this - stable URL, static URL, persistent link, etc.
Since each database does this differently, we've provided instructions for a few popular vendors. If you don't see the database / database vendor you're looking for, let us know and we'll add instructions!
- MLA International Bibliography
- Many more...
To find the permalink:
- Click on Permalink on the right hand side of the screen
- Copy the URL that appears above the article title
In JSTOR, you should see the stable URL to the left of the article. Make sure you use the Remote Access URL so that students can access the article if they're off-campus.
How do I add these article links to Brightspace?
- Once you've copied your link, head to Brightspace.
- Navigate to the module you'd like to add the link to. Click Upload / Create, then Create a Link.
Enter a Title for the link (ex. the article title and last name of the author) and paste the database URL in the URL field.
- Click Create - you're done!