- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowThis interdisciplinary scholarly collection offers information in nearly every area of academic study, including: sciences, social sciences, arts & literature, ethnic studies, and many more. Full-text for over 6,100 titles (5,100 peer-reviewed); indexing and abstracting for 10,600 titles; complete historical coverage and citation searching for select titles.
Covers: Varies by journal title (many 1975 - present)
- HeinOnline Academic This link opens in a new windowHeinOnline Academic includes more than 100 million pages of multidisciplinary content in more than 100 subject areas, including history, political science, criminal justice, religious studies, international relations, women’s studies, pre-law, and many more. With more historical content than any other database, HeinOnline provides access to 300+ years of information on political development and the complete history of the creation of government and legal systems around the world. Among the many databases included, HeinOnline’s journal collection features nearly 2,800 periodicals relating to a variety of subject areas, with all coverage dating from inception to the most currently published issues in most cases.
- Research Library This link opens in a new windowSearch over 2,700 periodicals for information on a broad range of general reference subjects including arts, business, humanities, social sciences, and the sciences.
- SocINDEX with Full Text This link opens in a new windowFull text for over 500 journals in sociology and related disciplines, and indexing for over 3000 others. Also includes relevant books and conference papers, many of them full-text, and allows searching of cited references.
Covers: 1895 - present (varies by title)
- Opposing Viewpoints In Context (Gale) This link opens in a new windowAccess viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, links to websites, and full-text magazine and newspaper articles. Great for current issues research.
- Omnifile Full-Text Select (H.W. Wilson) This link opens in a new windowA full-text database of almost 2000 periodical publications, including coverage of the sciences, humanities, education & other social sciences, business and information science.
- Google Scholar This link opens in a new windowUse this search engine to find scholarly works, including many online journals. You can set your preferences to link to Penfield's many databases in this way: 1) choose settings from menu in upper left corner; 2) click library links in the left navigation bar and type 'SUNY Oswego' in box; 3) select the link provided; 4) click 'save.'
- Social Sciences Full Text This link opens in a new windowSearch a wide variety of social science journals for information about anthropology, communications, economics, ethics, law, mass media, political studies, psychology, social work, and more.
- ABI/INFORM Global This link opens in a new windowSearch over 2,000 premier worldwide business periodicals for information on advertising, marketing, economics, human resources, finance, taxation, computers, and more. Also includes information on 60,000+ companies and the full text of thousands of dissertations.
Covers: 1971 - 1984 (citations only); 1985 - present (citations & full text)
- Business Source Complete This link opens in a new windowFull text in all disciplines of business, including journals (many peer reviewed), market research reports, industry reports, country reports, SWOT analyses, and much more.
Covers: Varies by journal title (many 1965 - present)
- ERIC This link opens in a new windowPremier index of Education resources, including abstracts of articles from over 1000 journals and of documents such as teaching guides, research reports, lesson plans, and test and evaluation instruments.
Covers: 1966 - present
- PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowJournal articles (covers more than 1,700 periodicals), chapters, books, dissertations and reports on psychology and related fields.
Covers: 1887 - present
- Communication and Mass Media Complete This link opens in a new windowProvides indexing and abstracting coverage of the major journals in communication, mass media and other related fields. Almost half of the journals are available in full text.
Covers: Varies by journal title
- JSTOR This link opens in a new window
Arts & Sciences I, Arts & Sciences II, Arts & Sciences VII, Language & Literature, and Life Sciences Collections. An archive of important scholarly journal literature and ebooks. In most cases, full text of the journal is available from the first issue to date.
- Military & Government Collection This link opens in a new windowCurrent news about all branches of the military and government, including full-text of 300 journals and magazines and 250 pamphlets.
- ScienceDirect This link opens in a new windowA collection of journals and other publications covering life sciences, health sciences, physical sciences and engineering as well as social sciences, humanities and business. (use buttons at top of page to go to journals or do a search)
- Women's Studies International This link opens in a new windowCore topics in women's studies as well as current topics in feminist research. Includes sociology, history, political science, public policy, business, and education. Indexes journals, newspapers, newsletters, books, proceedings, and dissertations.