How do I find article links?
First, you'll need to find the article! (If you need help with that, let us know.)
Next, you need to find the "permalink." Database vendors use different names for this - stable URL, static URL, persistent link, etc.
Since each database does this differently, we've provided instructions for a few popular vendors. If you don't see the database / database vendor you're looking for, let us know and we'll add instructions!
- MLA International Bibliography
- Many more...
To find the permalink:
- Click on Permalink on the right hand side of the screen
- Copy the URL that appears above the article title
In JSTOR, you should see the stable URL to the left of the article. Make sure you use the Remote Access URL so that students can access the article if they're off-campus.
How do I add these article links to Blackboard?
- Once you've copied your link, head to Blackboard
- In Blackboard, head to Build Content > Web Link
- Enter some information about the article (ex. title and last name of author) in the Name field, and paste the URL in the URL field
- Click Submit - you're done!